Installation and configuration
This page describes installing and configuration packages supported by project's team. It doesn't contain information about manual building the source code. For this use additional instruction : https://bitbucket.org/dismine/valentina
Ubuntu PPA 32-bit and 64-bit
Win XP, 7, and later, 32-bit and 64-bit
This section details how to install Valentina for Windows users. The procedure is basically about the same for all Windows users.
- Upload Windows self-extracting archive from https://valentinaproject.bitbucket.io/. Select an archive depending on your OS version. Windows XP users must select Windows XP+, users of Windows 7 can select either Windows XP+ or Windows 7+ (recommended). There are two branches: current release and test build. If you need more stabily select a current release, if you need more new features you need to select a test build.
- Run the archive and choose the installation folder in your browser.
- Right-click on the languages wanted for user interface, several languages can be chosen and used on simple demand afterwards.
- Validate the installation of all types of files association (.val, .vit, .vst).
- Click finish and open Valentina.
Note about 64-bit version. Currently we do not provide 64-bit version for Windows platform.
Mac OS X 10.9 +, 64-bit
Link to old versions (not maintained)
Configure personal settings before first use : File → Preferences
- Configuration tab
GUI language will be provided to the user when using the soft (interface, text appearing under the icons); choose GUI language amongst the languages which have been previously installed.
Label language used to name points can be specified different from GUI language.
The default unit is centimeters, but can be changed for millimeters or inches.
By default, measurements, patterns, layouts and templates, are stored in local folder C://Users/UserName/valentina.
Each path can be edited and modified.